Sunday, November 05, 2006

Temp Music

I've begun testing out music in different spots of the film. I'm doing this for a few reasons. 1) I want to find out where score will go and 2) I want some form of music to be in the film when I start screening it for faculty and friends to give me feedback.

It's a fun yet annoying process. Some songs work and some don't. I really try to make a song work by fidgeting with where it comes in and where it goes out. But most of the time it ends up not working so I do all that work for nothing. But when I find the song that fits it feels great. But it takes so many tries! I'm testing mostly a variety of jazz music because you can find pretty much anything for any mood. Also, there are typically no words in jazz tunes.

I am hoping to be picture locked by the end of November so I can give the picture to my composer and my (soon to be found) sound editor. I'm looking forward to the screenings as well. Those should start in about a week.

Sam Lem

No comments: